Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

NYE7
HELLO 2014!!!

Hello 2014! 2014 definitely started with a bang for me. After braving through a massive crowd to get to Victoria Embankment, running home to get my SD card (I brought a DSLR without SD card) and spending my last 7 hours of 2013 standing in the cold together with my mom and high school mate, Julin, the fireworks display at the strike of midnight 2014 is worth every single minute of freezing in the cold.

We left home around 4.45pm in search of a place to have early dinner and then settle for a not-so-crowded spot to watch the fireworks. But as humans always are, we got ambitious. The plan changed to taking away McDonalds and camping out at a nice spot at the Southbank; only to realise we should take the risk of going to Victoria Embankment instead. 2 years ago, I tried to get into the Victoria Embankment viewing area but it was full quite early in the evening. Despite everything, we took the best risk in 2013! At 6.15pm, the crowd at Victoria Embankment was still tolerable and we even manage to camp out around the BBC cameras. RIGHT OPPOSITE THE LONDON EYE!!!

NYE1
An almost perfect view - if only I was taller

NYE2
Snap a picture while waiting because everyone is doing the same

The night went on with just one thing; WAITING! One of the rare moment that I wished time had speed up so the wait could be over as soon as possible. *tick tock tick tock* Finally it was the final countdown and it was drizzling. Had to yell at some idiots in front to put their umbrella down. That’s how I ended 2013; yelling at strangers to keep their umbrella and have some of the crowd echoed the same.
THE BEST FIREWORKS I’VE EVER SEEN!


LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!!

NYE3

NYE4
NYE8
NYE5
NYE6

Lesson 1 in 2014: Good things come to those who wait! :D

HAPPY 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment